Selling your home is more than just putting up a “For Sale” sign on your front yard. But if you do this, are you prepared for the intricacies of selling your property to a prospective buyer? When your simple sign attracts someone enough to knock on your door to query, are you ready to answer bewildering questions, such as:
- How does your home compare to others like it in Cebu?
- How did you determine the fair market value of this property?
- Do you have available financing schemes? Can you help?
- If I make an offer, who will draw up the paperwork?
- Why aren’t you using a realtor? Is there something wrong with the property?
- Since you aren’t using a realtor, we can take their fee right off the top, right?
Selling your property on your own is a precarious process. You are exposing yourself to a lot of expensive risks, especially when you have little knowledge on, for example, fair market values of real estate, given that every home is unique and different. Remember that selling your home is nothing like selling a car.
Every buyer wants to offer you as little as possible. Buyers want to offer you as close to nothing as possible! While that “For Sale By Owner” sign might sound like a good idea, it usually means a different thing to buyers: “This one is for steal.”
So don’t take these kind of costly risks. Turn to an experienced and reputable realtor for professional help. Turn to Cebu Realty & Brokerage for guaranteed assistance.